CREEC SHOWCASES SOLAR INNOVATION AT THE USEA SOLAR EXPO
On the 6th February 2018, CREEC joined other members of the Uganda Solar Energy Association (USEA) to showcase solar energy technologies and innovations at the Kampala Serena Hotel. The exhibition aimed at showcasing off-grid solutions, increase awareness on the benefits of clean energy, spur investment and political will to support off-grid solutions. In this expo CREEC show cased some of the state of the art equipment that is used by the centre for testing solar PV products like batteries, panels and lights. The testing equipment gave the guests a glimpse into the CREEC solar PV testing laboratory which is recognized by UNBS under ISO 17025:2005.
The exhibition also gave CREEC a great opportunity to sensitize the exhibitors about the importance of quality assurance. It was also noted that many retailers and wholesalers of solar PV did not have enough information about quality assurance and therefore many benefited from the one on one discussions on the importance of testing and how it is beneficial for the manufacturer, wholesaler, retailer and end user.
CREEC also continued to participate in the East African Energy and Infrastructure Summit from 7th-8th February where some of the key topics were;
- Regional Cooperation in East Africa
- A Focus on the Uganda-Tanzania Pipeline; Bringing Uganda’s Crude to Market
- The Importance of Debt Financing for Regional Energy Development
- Unlocking the Potential of East Africa’s Gas Reserves
- Effective Risk Mitigation for Enhanced Investment in the Region
- A Focus on Alternative Renewable Technologies
- The Future of the Energy Mix in East Africa.