- Level: Internships / fellowships
- Contract Type: Internship
- Closing Date: 28 February 2023 05:00 PM
- Duty station: Kampala
Internship duration: 6 months
Time: 40 hours per week
The Communications intern will support the design and development of communications materials relating to CREEC’s mandate, including the thematic areas of rural electrification, energy efficiency, energy for household us, energy entrepreneurship and energy testing from an ISO 17025 certified laboratory.
About CREEC and How You Can Make a Difference:
The Centre for Research in Energy and Energy Conservation (CREEC) based at-Makerere University in Kampala, Uganda plays a big role as an influencer for change from traditional forms of energy to sustainable and clean forms of energy through actionable research, renewable energy product testing, trainings and innovations. The dynamic centre has been able to achieve many milestones in this area by giving methodological, technical and well researched approaches in the thematic areas of rural electrification, energy for productive use, energy efficiency, household energy, energy entrepreneurship and energy testing. With a mission to enhance access to modern types of energy, the centre for the last 20years has worked with government organizations, donors, private sector, individuals and academia to provide innovative programs, technical expertise through capacity building activities providing business support, knowledge sharing and advisory nationally, regionally and globally
CREEC is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results. We seek interns who are exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support in the daily management of CREEC’s social media engagement channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube.
- Support in designing a content planning and social media planning system.
- Support in the drafting and editing of blogs and articles
- Support in collecting information from departments which will make it possible to update the content planner/social media planner in a timely manner
- Monitor CREEC’s digital performance
- Under the supervision of the the communication and project teams, support as needed in the drafting and development of social media/web content such as blogs, infographics, videos, photo posts, etc.;
- Support in the timely updating of the CREEC website including uploading of relevant publications, press releases, human-interest stories, vacancies, etc.;
- Provide other communications-related support as required.
Required Core Competencies:
- Communicating information and ideas
- Knowledge sharing/continuous learning
- Valuing diversity
- Working in teams
The intern should be a fresh graduate within one year or currently enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme or be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher); Preferred areas of studies are mass communications, graphic design, visual communications, media, or other similar subject at the university level;
- Excellent skills (writing and speaking) in English;
- Demonstrated graphic design and video editing skills is a plus;
- Knowledge of social media engagement is required, experience in digital data and analytics is a plus;
- Knowledge of digital marketing principles and practices is a plus
- Innovative and creative thinking;
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon completion of the assignment, and depending on its duration, the Intern should be able to have:
- Increased understanding of CREEC’s work across the region, and globally.
- Hands-on experience in managing corporate social media channels.
- Work experience as a team member in a multicultural organization.
- Insights and knowledge collected from testing and learning of digital contents throughout the duration of the assignment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a brief cover letter outlining relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Communications Intern” in the subject line.