WOMEN IN RENEWABLE ENERGY ASSOCIATION ENERGY AWARDS SCOOPS AWARD
On 22nd March 2019, our very own Eileen Lara a project engineer at CREEC and chair of the Women in Renewable Energy Association led the association as they won Women Group of the Year at the Women in Energy Awards 2019. The association since its inception has provided business trainings for women involved in briquette making to enable them increase and grow their businesses and personal finances. Besides being the chair for the Women in Renewable Energy Association, she is also actively involved in the solar testing standards committes in Uganda.
Eileen Lara from CREEC accepting the award on behalf of Women in Renewable Energy Association (WREA)
The association’s objectives are;
- To build capacity through trainings, embracing new renewable energy technologies and innovations through research and development.
- To develop a platform for advisory and advocacy roles to government and private sector on behalf of Women in rural energy
- To originate, promote and facilitate in the enforcement of quality standards of technology and technical installations, services, practice and management of renewable energy resources.
- To initiate, conduct and assist various programs aimed at promoting the us of renewable energy technology and services.
- To mobilize resources, knowledge management, networking and information sharing amongst the women and investments in renewable energy.
- To promote and create awareness for the need of environmental protection/conservation in catchment areas.
CREEC appreciates that women are getting more and more involved in renewable energy programs. CREEC has also taken great strides in involving women in the centres programs. How about you, what are you doing in your capacity in helping women to get more involved in renewable energy programs?